Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ready for my close up



As Part of the "Contemporary Charleston 2009: Revelation of the Process" exhibition, each participating artist is being documented in their process on the way to the exhibition. Since I plan to create an entirely site specific/site responsive installation, I won't begin the actual process of making until it gets closer to the exhibition. In the meantime the documentary film maker has met me at a coffee shop to do an interview and get some action shots of me liberating stir sticks from their natural environment. Additionally he came back to the studio to get some actions shots of me working on other things, as well he shot some footage of me taking measurements of the city gallery

you can see the pretty cool light ste up he brought with him.


I thought it might be a cool idea if he got some footage of me playing drums as well. It might be interesting to use some of my own artist generated audio as background for the documentary. To that end he also got some footage of me messing with my feedback loops and other improvised audio devices.

Obviously i set up my own camera and tripod on a timer to capture some of the process as well. All and all it was a fun day and it has me even more anxious/excited about the charleston installation. The Show Opens May 15th, but I should be able to get on site by May 4th to begin weaving.

3 comments:

joan said...

How exciting. I love the North Charleston park. Will look forward to seeing it there.

Julia Bradshaw said...

i thought it was called 'big ass water bottle'? Since when did you become so prudish?

brilliant said...

not really becoming prudish, just finally resolved the piece. big ass water bottle had been more of a working title, an identifier to keep track of it, but water bottle basket is more what it is and what the next couple of things like it will be.