Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big Water Bottle Basket now installed at North Charleston River front park

big water bottle basket is on display until March 2010 at the North Charleston river front park as part of their juried national outdoor sculpture show

Today we installed the big water bottle basket at the North Charleston River Front Park.

this is a flash gallery of images from today,if you are reading this blog somewhere other than on blogger and cannot see the image gallery you may need to go to my flickr page to see the images



After I finished I began gathering material for the woven steel installation taking place in a top secret location, which i will reveal once i have permission. below are a couple of images of the space and some projections of what the woven steel piece might look like. I am going to use the same process and approach for installation that i do with the stir sticks but using thin pliable steel stock instead of my beloved birch wood coffee stirrers. As with all these installations I will try to create the piece entirely in situ as a direct response to the space and the materials I have chosen. I will try to keep up blogging the progress of this, but as soon as I finish this one I will immediately begin the city gallery installation so needless to say I will be pretty tied between now and May 15th...

this is actually the interior of the space and it features the facade of a house and the wonderful steel column running through the center. I am really interested in using the column and the corner of the room in a way similar to the Orangeburg piece, as both a support and a guiding element of the installation.

No comments: