Sunday, December 09, 2007

working some more










here are some quick shots of the progress i am making. I did another walking snow drawing, i made a large coffee cup sleeve, and begin to shape the direction of the steel piece. I am now shaping the steel piece into a giant water bottle. I think this really makes the piece and still gives me options for how to install it in the future. If it is an object like a water bottle, I can place it in any orientation and it will still read like a water bottle. I can also see it as a modern version of heideger's wine jug that he writes about in his thing essay, only i have turned wine into water. Oh well I can't believe I only have 11 days left here, I really hope I can come back sometime in the future, this place has really helped me sort out some things and allow me to make some progress on work I might have struggled to make otherwise.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I really like the snow walking drawings.