Wednesday, July 18, 2007

so very tired

a view of the finished metal wallhere is the first of the insulation i am applying to the ceiling


so i pulled back the wood paneling in the office and i found this perfectly good plywood, I will either paint it or cheetrock over itthis was yesterday,and yes that is nothing but sweat dripping down my shirt
this is the view from the garage door end
and this is the view back towards where the photo above was taken
so the barn door is hung, and the pin wall is in the distance there

yesterday I put in a full day, and today I only managed to get in a half day before I succumbed to the weather. I have been wondering why I am sore and tired and then it occurred to me that I am doing a major renovation of a major space, all by myself, in 100% humidity, 90 degree weather. it ain't like one of those home improvement shows where you can put the time lapse on and see the final results in 30 minutes. I did manage to finish most of the major projects, the metal wall is done, the pin cushion wall is done, the barn door is hung, and I started to insulate and finish the ceiling. Tommorrow I will get the final verdict on when and if the landlord will mount my new air conditioner in the back wall, or if i will have to build a rolling wall to fit in where the garage door goes. either way I will probably build the rolling wall just because I think it will help to be able to push a wall in place when the garage door is up. I am really anxious to get back to work on some more new work, but converting the space has been a real pleasure. I don't want to tie myself to any schedule but barring no more major set backs I should be able to work in there, by monday. That is not bad to go from dumpy warehouse to pimp ass art studio. the only project that i will pick back up with later will be turning the little office into a nice clean white wall space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PIMP THAT HO