Friday, July 13, 2007

and on the fifth day(in the new studio)

this is the soon to be metal area of the studioi finished off yet another section of my clean wall
this place is actually starting to look like a studio

let there be light, yesterday i hung a new shop light and replaced all the bulbs with ultra bright low energy bulbs

this is my temporary ac solution, a window unit on cinder blocks, with a fan in front of it.


so I knew going into this that making this warehouse into a studio would take work, but after a week of working alone in this heat and humidity it is starting to take it's tole on me. i am weak from constantly sweating, but I am hopeful that as I finish off the walls, get some more insulation hung, and fill more of the gaps, the tempature will become more managable. I have to confess though that working on the space itself and converting it into a hospitable environment is a reall pleasure for me. I enjoy seeing my dream studio come together, one agonizing sweat soaked screw at a time. tonight to escape the heat i am headed to the movies, only three more weeks until brooke get's back from her field school, I hope i can have the studio finished by the time she gets back

No comments: