Thursday, July 12, 2007

another day in paradise

this is the mid afternoon thunderstorm i was chasing homethis my new miter table i built with wood that was already in the space
this is a nifty little shelf I made using some more scrap that was laying around the space when i got it
notice that the fan is with me everywhere i go, and it ain't doing that much good
wall one is now secure, now onto to wall 2,3 and 4

yesterday it literally felt like a hundred degrees in the studio. I have been trying to work as much as possible to get the studio built and start figuring out how to cool it down. I finished making the miter saw table so i can use it to start cutting stuff for building the walls and I managed to get one wall partially up before I couldn't take the heat any more. i have some really great ideas for how to change the space in the studio and it makes me think I should have been an interior architect, but i shouldn't get too excited since I am not done yet. My new more realistic time table for getting the studio working is more like next week. I had anticipated being ready by friday, but i have encountered construction delays, since I am the, architect, the foreman, the contractor and the laborer for this job, and it is just frigging too hot and too humid to work fast.

No comments: