Monday, February 26, 2007

it is raining, and all my time is spent in a windowless room with white walls





this is news, since I live in northern california where it never rains. Well today, like yesterday was spent working on the world in a jar installation, and what an installation. The legs for the table which is laid out above just arrived today, and this large snaking table is designed to hold 850 plus photgraphs in a jar. pretty much this installation will take up most of my time over the next week until the show opens on tuesday March 6th. I have been thinking about the donald judd prints I saw at the Phoenix museum the week before last. I have been thinking about these prints for two reasons; 1) I have never really seen these prints installed in person and seeing them arranged on the wall in linear stacks made me realize how sweet they were to use the print paper as an object and then to display them as such rather than as simple print images. 2) I was really pumped about going to new york and seeing some art so I have had to put that new york enthusiasm into the little bit of art i saw in phoenix.

No comments: