Friday, February 23, 2007

so busy, but yet nothing seems to be getting done

yet another deeply introspective artist portrait

i've been playing around with different progressions for the lead cornI continue to clean up and refine this piece pretty soon i will either throw it away or have it powder coated


60"x60", I think this is the first square format I have made since 2001, I kind of like the square maybe I will make more

I have been spinning my wheels with alot of my work, but I did manage to get the coffee cups into the kiln, and hope to have them in metal by next week. I continue to miss opportunities to proof my print, but I did manage to get this piece cleaned up a little bit, and made another rust print. This time I am mixing it up a bit by trying a square format piece, this one is 60"x60",a very satisfying scale. Today at work we close the faculty show and begin getting ready for the world in a jar show, 850 pictures in a jar on a table, yay, I can't wait. I hope when I get some free time I can get into san francisco to see the brice marden retrospective at sfmoma. Marden is still one of my favorite painters and if you have an hour to waste, take the time to watch the charlie rose interview with him, in fact I will save you the trouble and embed the video here


I admit that brice is a bit of a blowhard but I really like his overly romantic views. The interview is a bit tedious, and I had to watch it in two seperate sittings but it was well worth it. Brice is part of the original yale mafia which includes, eva hesse, chuck close, richard serra, and various other notable artists of the 60's who got their mfa at yale, back when art was a little dumber than it is today.

No comments: