Friday, December 01, 2006

a slight modification, some new decoration, and a small realization

this is a detail of the pattern on the new object I am making, I am really getting interested in the shapes created between the circles, more than the circles themselves

this is the view from the living room in our apartment lookin towards the newly illuminated neon bedroom, it's like our very own custom james turrell installation

I saw this on the way to work this morning and it seemed interesting

working on a new construction

notice the slight modification on the new washer sculpture

here zero is showing off her keen instinct to curl up on top of any bag you need, that is my laptop bag under her
this is the foot I cut off of the washer sculpture, I realized it could be a whole other sculpture, and it will be in time

after work I ducked into the studio for a couple of hours and changed the washer sculpture and worked on another steel box construction. I realized that my main interest in pattern and mark making in sculpture and on paper, relates to a latent interest I have in psychodelia and beautiful visual phenomonon, in short I think I really like staring at beautiful things. On the subject of beautiful things I hung up the neon signs from my thesis show in our bedroom. Brooke decided that the best glow comes from the mfa purple neon, it creates a very soothing atmosphere in the house, and I am inclined to agree. For dinner brooke prepared a delicious meal of sauted butternut squash with fettucine tossed in oil red pepper flakes and garlic and topped with breaded goat cheese...yummy. then we watched the end of 1 vs 100, and caught an episode of growing pains of all things, tommorow it's off to the studio for an early start.

No comments: