Sunday, December 03, 2006

spent some time thinking, and making

I made some progress on the washer sculpture but as the old man says " and miles to go before I sleep", to the left is the armature for the amphora style sculpture, which is being covered in thermaplastic cast
you can see some of the box in the corner and a view of the washer sculpture
a possible installation option for this one
the spout on this piece is actually what I cut off of the washer piece, it just seemed like two seperate peices

just a nice image of the light coming into the bedroom through the colored acetate that brooke hung on our windows


I spent saturday working on some new peices, which gave me time to think, which is always nice. at the end of the day artist david Kimball anderson came by the studio and talked to me about the idea of juxtaposition, and the notion of artist as curator. Saturday night Brooke and I went to crate and barrel, which is always a pleasure for me because it shows me how the boundry between art and life and design and art is completely false, just look at the furniture and design elements on sale at crate and barrel and it is hard not to see the effects of minimalism, and process art on design. Today I have to edit some writing I am working on and take some time to rest, I have been fighting a cold and I want to be well for the Primus concert on tuesday, where Gogol Bordello will be opening up. It is weird but all the bands from my adolescent years have now reunited for reunion tours, just one more sign that I am getting old, when I have lived long enough to see my favorite bands break up and get back together.

No comments: