Tuesday, December 26, 2006

R.I.P. James Brown, Happy Kwanza, and Next week in Charleston

this is the piece I have been working since i got back from thanksgiving


this is a little somthing I found at Ikea


Well I spent the first day of kwanza working in the studio, and thinking about James Brown. It is true that everyone is rushing to tribute him, which is important, but I think that with James Brown it is important to look at his art and not his personal life. I have noticed of the many moving tributes I have heard, both on the internet and on the radio, no one is mentioning the obvious; that from this moment forward December 25th will forever be known as james brown memorial day. as a South Carolinian myself, I am grateful that he still claimed S.C. as his home. Too often the many talented artists and musicians who come from the state of south carolina, distance themselves from it, but not james brown, he always blessed our state with his presence. But I digress, next week we will be going to charleston for a bit, so that will be great. this past weekend we went to ikea, and you can see some images from our ikea trip on my flickr page, a really huge storm has rolled in here it is kind of weird since this is the land of awesome weather to have such un-awesome weather.

No comments: