Tuesday, November 21, 2006

time to consume some turkey

the begining of a new drawingi don't know there is just something about that nail gun on top of that small crate like sculpture
there is something also satisfying about this arrangement with the structures played against the organic piece



a couple of ghost coffee cupsnothing makes zero the cat happier than a fresh from the drier pile of laundry, mmm so warm and toasty

this is the influence that crate building has had on my work, it is starting to look a bit like architecture
this is a new drawing I am working on, it is made with lumber marking crayons on scrap pieces of mdf

well yesterday was a nice casual day in the studio. I worked on a couple new drawings that are on lefover pieces of mdf. i am using these lumber marking crayons which come in red yellow blue and black, i think some of these drawings may become prints, but I will let them develop and see where it leads. I also think that the experience of building all those crates for the rust never sleeps show, and building all those walls for my mfa show, and building on those displays for the charles krafft show, have left me thinking about structures as you can see from the crate like constructions now haunting my studio. I will be heading to little rock arkansas, as if there is any other little rock, tommorow and will try and update from there otherwise I will post an y photos on my flickr site, happy thanksgiving.

No comments: