Tuesday, October 31, 2006

8 days until I turn 30, and happy halloween



well halloween was a productive day, I sent a print off to redux for their december fundraiser, I found out last night that I have been given a full fellowship to the vermont studio center for next fall, and I got to see several other grad students unveil their works for the graduate review that is going on right now, included in the review are owen premore, who's ancient and tribal art is seen here being played by an ancient and tribal artist named stan welsh, julia bradshaw's tissue blowing project was also being reviewed, also some amazing work by andy muonio was on display, and one of the funniest pieces was carlos castellanos' shock the frog exhibit, which is actually called flesh server, where the viewer can control a server that is embedded in a dissected frog. In case you can't tell I have hyperlinked everyones name above so you can see samples of their work or where possible the work being reviewed. ahh the life of an MFA candidate never a dull moment but never really an engaging one, just one mind numbing experience after another

No comments: