Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ft Lauderdale day -1. or This is how it starts.





I returned from arkadelphia saturday night and am now prepped and ready for my trek down to ft lauderdale. This stop of the tour will be at The 18Rabbit Gallery in Ft Lauderdale, a brand spankin new exhibition venue run by a woman I met a few years ago at an installation residency. I managed to make a few woven panels to take down with me along with a couple framed prints and the sticks to build the "fort. Lauderdale piece". I am sort of excited and anxious about this one. I am excited about getting a little road trip in down there. The drive down will be especially helpful for letting my mind wander and devise a strategy for this piece and ease some of my anxiety. With my wounds barely healed from the arkadelphia piece at obu and the ink barely dry on the prints I made at Henderson State I am stepping off into this one already in work mode. I plan to hang several of the finished prints from Henderson with this installation and am kind of curious to see what a show with just the woven structure in the center and walls lined with prints will feel like. I usually enjoy the walls blank so as to draw attention to the space and the physical work within, but since I made all of the arkadelphia prints while working on a woven installation it only seems fitting to install them with similar work. Now to rest up and hit the highway early, good thing i have the npr station locator map for my drive

No comments: