Wednesday, May 13, 2009

city gallery day 9 and 10...the end


these are some pics that brooke snapped when she was visting the site the other night.



i spent last night and today bringing this side to a satisfying resolution.

i



my faithful lunch sack and the coffee consumed during this project

I have reached the terminous of this one. I will go back tomorrow to do the final lighting and take some more documentary photos. when I was finishing up working today I thought about something Shannon Wright always said about the pattern created from the tensile weaving method i use. No, not the thing about reminding her of hash browns, but the part about my systems of sculpture being studies of inefficient methods of storage. Where as the goal of storage is to make things take up as little space as possible and my methods are designed to expand the materials into as much space as possible with as simple means as possible. None the less I am looking forward to a long nights sleep tonight and a painless lighting session tomorrow.

No comments: