Friday, October 17, 2008

the gldswrthyftehcffeshp the cndsd version day 1 at scsu



this is how it always starts...
for the next week i will building a piece at South Carolina State University, in Orangeburg South Carloina. Due to scheduling and other things, we were only able to carve out a week for the installation, so I am thinking of it as the cndnsd version of the goldsworthy of the coffee shop project installations. I managed to get a good couple of hours in today on my way up to columbia, and will be staying in columbia(45 minutes north) and commuting in with the gallery director, and photo faculty to Orangeburg. It will be different working in the day time and not actually staying on site with the piece, but perhaps this will lead to new discoveries about my process by varying some of the usual variables.



the first thing that struck me was this beautiful seam in the wall, which was already like a mini maya lin sort of gauge.




No comments: