Saturday, June 07, 2008

my computer before it died

so this is my 2004 ibook g4, before the hard drive completely failed. like a cavalier idiot i hadn't been backing up all my data and figured it would be fine to just keep clamping it to the table to by pass the short in the logic board instead that short shorted out the hard drive and now i have to send the drive off to get the data back. such is life. if i had acted sooner i could have synced the machine to an external hardrive before it died and recovered all the data myself. i am slowly trying to get back up to full operating capacity, but so far i can't get my new computer to connect remotely to my website, and i seem to have lost all the powerpoints i made of my work, and other such stuff. who knew lost data could give a person that empty feeling in the pit of their stomach and cause them to lose sleep. among the data lost were drafts of writings, images, and photoshop collages in progress.

2 comments:

Shannon Wright said...

Hey, I wrote a comment before and now it's gone. Did you delete my damned comment?

Shannon Wright said...

Maybe you should rename your blog Cavalier Idiot.com