Thursday, July 26, 2007

nothing like a trip to the scrapyard

there is nothing like the scrapyard first thing in the morning

so this is the table , I am almost done with it


in the foreground that green stuff is some more of that thermoplastic i am doing some experiments with it to see if i can use it for the sumter project in october.

I love going to scrapyards and salvage yards. I just can't get enough of the big machinery and the sheer beauty of the organized mountains of discarded consumer metals. needless to say I had a mission today to get some square stock steel and plate to make a table with. I ended up getting more square stock then i needed and the woman at the yard threw in the plate for free. I spent most of the day working on the table. yesterday I got the packet from the sumter residency on the locations for the installations and I am really excited about this rotunda with an opening from the first floor to the second. It will allow me to actually create something that appears to be penetrating from one floor to another. as soon as I make some composite images of the installation I will post them here. Tomorrow is the big day the simpsons movie opens, if the coffee I am drinking right now works I might even stay up for the midnight show, but most likely not. I have to get into the studio early tomorrow so I can be finished by noon, because I have to wait for the comcast guy to come fix the internet. Waiting for the comcast guy will actually give me time to work on some more applications that are due soon.

No comments: