Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"you're a romantic, that's why you are so cynical!"- Julia Bradshaw

this is an anonymous plastic landscape with a polished mocha fetish
so dka has tentatively agreed to collaborate with me on a proposal for monumental sculpture, based on how compatible my polished mocha and his bronze buddha are, I just have to take some evenly lit photos to use for later photo shopping action.
lead corn with drill and megaphone

Well I have been racing to get yet another application finished, this one is due on the 1st, and we still haven't heard back from brooke's grad schools but we assume the worst. I probably owe Shannon Wright an apology for my behavior today on the grad panel she organized with me, julia bradshaw, amanda lynch and her boyfriend casey jex smith What was interesting was that amanda and casey our mormon artists and julia is from england/germany and I am a brash southerner so the undergrads never actually got a california perspective. I probably got a little too chatty, mostly because I still believe that a liberal arts education and in particular an arts education can be about producing better informed and more critically versed citizens rather than just mediocre professional artists. It was funny and at one point I may have said something like " before grad school I didn't really know how to use the internet so i probably didn't research grad schools well enough and probably made the wrong choice." I don't know if regret is the right word but maybe I will never be satisfied, and will have to just get comfortable with that. in truth I think i will always regret or be uncomfortable with my choices but i may just have to learn to embrace that uncertainty. i guess in a world full of people that are so sure of what they do the most radical thing i can do is to be uncertain.
on another note the saturn may have finally broken. I don't think it is dead necessarily but it does not look hopeful, currently the gear shift doesn't seem to be connected with anything and the car is stuck in like second gear, it moves but not with out a ton of smoking and bad smells, brooke is going to call a mechanic tomorrow that a friend recommended and hopefully we can get her back on the road without too much trouble.

No comments: