Saturday, March 17, 2007

fun with photoshop, and not so fun with life

these are some vacuum formed plastic test patterns that Shannon Wright made using my stir stick joinery test samples

this is a photoshopped image to give a sense of the scale we are shooting for in our proposal for the public piece Buddha with mocha(a monument to fetish objects)
Well I took full advantage of dka's buddha and will try and make a legitamate attempt at getting this monument fabricated or at least considered as a legitamate piece of "public art". For the three of you that haven't heard from me and my big mouth Brooke received her rejection letter from UNM yesterday and she seems to be taking it well. We went out for sushi to comfort ourselves last night and we intend to spend the next couple of weeks figuring out what to do. I am trying to get another application finished that is due april 1st , then I have one more due in may. I haven't heard back from the job in anaheim that I applied for but that does not suprise me. With those kinds of positions they usually hire from within. While we are on the topic of rejections, I never received a formal rejection for this one show I applied for in oakland, but they never charged me the application fee, which makes me think they never received the application which is as good as a rejection. I am hopeful that once we figure out our plan for the summer, we will resume planning our wedding.

No comments: