Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Busted the cups out of the mold, so now the work begins

it is funny the impression left in the investment looks kind of like a fossil record of the cup
<span class=


<span class=


<span class=


<span class=

Well the show in the gallery opened at work yesterday, which means I get to go back to my regular life. I did my TA thing for shannon wright today which was okay, but I am losing interest a little because I am just counting the days until It is all over, approximately 70 or so. It is not so much what I am doing it is just the knowledge that graduate school will end, and I thank god for that. There are a few problems with the cast aluminum cups but hopefully I can get those sorted out and have them all shiny soon. I got a really cool Barry Le Va book from the library and I am super excited about flipping through that. This friday is the show at 12th and taylor, which is an exhibition space so artsy and avant garde that they don't even need a name, they just have an address. I think I am coming full circle to the realization that my sixties obsession is purely based on my belief in social revolution, as a way to help bring about cultural change. I came to a sad realization today though that college campuses can no longer be the center of radical thought that they once were, but that they are now merely job training centers, and in fact teach less critical thinking than before. Okay I didn't just come to this realization, but it is on my mind. maybe I am getting too old to care about things like the sixties, but every thing I am drawn towards, every piece of art that resonates with me is from the sixties, oh well I guess that makes me kind of dated. and speaking of dated check out this band
<span class=

they are called trigger renegade and they were playing outside at school today they are totally obsessed with the eighties

No comments: