Thursday, January 18, 2007

the tortilla wars are on my mind

this is some more free pipe that a friend gave mehere is the pipe after it has been cut up, I will cut all the pipe up and use it to make a medium sized object
this is what the studio looked like when i got back, i am always suprised how little of the work I actually recognize as my own, but i assure you it is all mine

Today I got back into the studio, which always feels foreign to me after being away, like I don't even know whose stuff this is. I also heard a headline today that has really had me thinking, it was this one
Mexicans hit hard by soaring tortilla prices, the story is linked here

So it had me thinking about the implications of the cast lead corn I was making, maybe I am on to something, maybe not, but I will get back to exploring that soon. I have to go back to work tommorow, fun. and I am still a little worn out from my trip home, it will take me a few days to get back up to par, next week there is a show opening at the san jose museum of art with mc escher's work and op art, all hail the triumphant return of patterning and mark making(which I have been hailing steady for the last 10years) brooke and I are plannig to go to the opening since we are members and members get to eat the cheese and crackers at the openings, like I always say "nothing says "art" like cheese and crackers"

No comments: