Thursday, March 04, 2010

arkadelphia, day two



here's the litho stone in progress for one of the prints I am working on at Henderson State, below is super student Brittany proofing the first of six colors for a screenprint.
more progress on the lithograph

here is a working proof of the coffee cup sleeve print.
here master printmaker david warren is inking the coffee cup sleeve collagraph
the already levigated stone awaiting the drawing. As someone who processed my own stones for lithography you cannot imagine what a treat it is to have a prepared stone waiting for you to do whatever you want to it.

Today I did my first split day, weaving in the obu gallery in the morning, and printing at henderson state in the afternoon, and boy are my arms tired, thanks to master printmaker davdid warren and super print assistant brittany.



Tomorrow I will be spending the day weaving in the gallery beginning to resolve the form and further integrate the bench into the installation. On Monday I will resume work on some of the prints in addition to the coffee cup sleeve collagraph, the screenprint, and the lithograph, we will be making some new lid relief prints, and maybe some other works as well.

No comments: