Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Sticks Straws Sleeves and Lids on View January 15-February 23 2010












the most important part of the process is always the cleanup.

it almost feels like I am cheating since I am finished with this installation a week before the opening rather than the day before. This has been the biggest advantage to working both during a break when the university is closed for an extended period and when i am living where I am working.

There will be an artist talk on Tuesday January 26 from 4-5pm in room 214 of the McMaster Building followed by a reception in the gallery from 5-7pm click here for a map with directions

I have finished up working on the installation at USC and am now prepping for the trip to New York next week to begin work on "Eternal Return" at Nurtureart.
above is the press release and info for Eternal Return.

I am looking forward to people getting a chance to experience Sticks, Straws, Sleeves and Lids as it brings back many of the elements I have missed from the beginning of this body of work. Although after only 5 years of work in this direction I feel as though I am just scratching the surface of what is possible. I am always surprised at what direction this work takes me in as I learn something new with the completion of each installation, and looke forward to the lessons I will learn this coming year. I am particularly pleased to include some of the recent prints in this show as they reflect new directions I would like to take with the work.

These prints will be the starting point for the new prints I will be making in March when I am visiting Henderson State University and Ouachita Baptist university both in Arkadelphia Arkansas. I hope I will be able to include those prints in subsequent shows after that. Of course all the prints are available for purchase please just contact me directly if you are interested in those or if you are interested in booking me to do an installation or Artist Lecture for you or your organization email jb@jonathanbrilliant.com

No comments: