Thursday, December 17, 2009

vibrating coffee cup fabrication time

So, with the impending end of my kickstarter fund drive, and the start of the installation of "Sticks, Straws, Sleeves and Lids" at The Mcmaster gallery at University of South Carolina, it was time to start making some vibrating coffee cups.




At the heart of each vibrating coffee cup is the very special "mocha motor", which has been modified from it's original intent and now drives the coffee cup.
here is the full set of vibrating coffee cups for the pledge drive including one special cup i am holding back as an artist proof. (coming soon for the holidays is a video of 8 cups a vibrating, isn't that what you give on the eighth day?)
Although there are four more days of pledging I believe most people who wanted a vibrating coffee cup have pledged, and I still have some time after the pledge drive ends to get make more I already have everything else for the pledge rewards packaged and ready to go once the drive ends and the funding clears. Tomorrow I start weaving, stacking, arranging and otherwise affixing, sticks, straws, sleeves and lids to the McMaster Gallery which I will be doing until next year. It is very liberating to say "I am spending the rest of the year working on one installation and nothing else..."

No comments: