Saturday, September 20, 2008

new inspirational source



I have really been into dunkin donuts coffee and noticed well over a year ago that they had modified their logo to emphasize  the coffee and not their god awful donuts. For years here in charleston the only dunkin was a lonely little shop up on Savanah highway( ironically my studio is located equidistant between the dunkin and the nearest starbucks, so no shortage of material or inspiration for me), but now they have the first dunkin downtown. Best of all the dunkin is in the bank of america building. Prior to this I had only seen combo starbucks and bank of america drive thrus. So in recognition of new times i have appropriated/improved yet another of my favorite logos. I knew if I kept these new types of coffee cups around they would work their way into my work. Speaking of work I am gearing up for my next installation, which is only four weeks away, so I will get some shots of "research" up on the blog soon. I am pretty intent on finishing up the first water bottle cycle of work and getting them ready to show. Here are a few More images of the finished piece in Brooklyn, which as far as i know is still standing...





No comments: