Saturday, November 17, 2007

when work wear becomes fashion wear








I love my carhart double knee work pants. i wear them basically everyday to the studio. they are truly work pants. But I have noticed a trend where people who work in gallery offices and arts administration where carhartt and dickie work pants as their daily wear. It is a strange moment in contemporary fashion when work wear, a practical no frills pant, becomes fashion wear. This past week I have been consumed with doing odd jobs and getting organized in the studio and getting ready for my residency at the vermont studio center which starts next week. I have promised myself and brooke that after the vermont studio center residency i would lay off the residencies for awhile and concentrate on working closer to home. This weekend has been interesting so far since I got to hang out with joel slayton from san jose state university yesterday. He happens to be in town for a conference here, so i got to show him the old city. I always forget how strange the architecture and sights of charleston are until i have to explain them to outsiders.

No comments: