Monday, September 17, 2007

day 3 at ox bow



Monday i ventured out a little and discovered a dollar general store with some pretty amazing bargains, like all these balls for 10 bucks. They were in packs of 4 that were normally a dollar but they were 25% off. I also “discovered” an office furniture manufacturing plant and talked with the secretary there about getting some of their scrap. She put me in touch with the plant manager, but i only got his voicemail. She was optimistic that as long as corporate approved them giving away their scrap it would be okay. So i will give it a day and then i will head back there again. I made it to the local lumber store which is incredibly overpriced, if i need anything that the dollar general doesn’t sell, then i will just drive the 20 minutes to home depot. Well here comes day three of my residency and i am starting to figure out how best to use my time here



The silence is deafening. No really the noise from the crickets the hum of the fixtures in our shared studios, the sound of silence is giving me a headache. I am not sure what to do with my time here. I am not really into escapism and isolation so the rural setting is thus far lost on me. I did however find myself very still in the studio this morning as the sun was coming up, and made this video as a meditation on silence.

No comments: