Wednesday, June 27, 2007

thinking about game shows, and I hit the jackpot

this is a view of the soon to be brilliant studio1250 square feet and that includes this nifty little office
it is so beautiful i can't wait to start cleaning up and getting things working

I have noticed that game shows are everywhere. Everything is a contest now to win something. people are performing interventions in everyday life with such fervor that they no longer seem like interventions or disruptions. there was a time where going out in public and doing something disruptive seemed edgy or interesting, but now we expect people to be taping and documenting every move or thing they do. And speaking of documenting ones life, I found my dream studio. It is 1250 square feet, with a small office. I will be renting from these awesome bakers who will have their business in the front and i will have mine in the back.there company is called lady fingers, a pun on the food and the fact that they are two ladies. I am really stoked about the space and it could not have come at a better time. I just found out the dates for the sumter residency, they will be October 13th-28th, and the show will open on the 27th. The studio will give me a chance to continue working on new stuff, and prepare for the sumter gig, and focus because a month after the sumter gig I will be going to vermont. Tonight I am going to head out to see an opening at the modernisme gallery here in charleston. The show is a solo display of redux director/ and daily serving mastermind seth curcio's print, graphic, photo, and painting work. After the opening I am going to see "live free or die hard" with my dad, I can't wait to see the actor who plays mac in the mac vs. pc ads kick some die hard ass. Tomorrow I sign the lease on the new brilliant studio!

No comments: