Wednesday, May 30, 2007

three days on the road and i can't even remember what time zone it is

meteor crater arizona



so we crossed into another time zone sometime today. It is still not quite sinking in that we actually left and won't be going back. oh we laid over in santa rosa new mexico in a hotel that has wireless internet and laundry, 2 things we need tonight. Tomorrow we are hoping to camp out somewhere in oklahoma, we are just going to try and spend as little time as possible in texas. This morning when we left the grand canyon, we stopped at meteor crater arizona. It was a pretty cool deluxe tourist trap, and we loved it. We spent the rest of the day driving, only stopping for pee breaks and gas. I am enjoying the time driving as it gives me time to think. While driving across the mostly desolate waste land that is I-40, I keep thinking about the great depression and what it must have been like. by great depression I mean the time after the stock market crash, not my time in san jose as a graduate student.

No comments: