Thursday, April 12, 2007

46 days remaining in san jose

this is a screen shot from inside the ars virua gallery in second life
this is a rare screenshot of my second life avatar the elusive and reclusive Brilliant Marx
if you look on the screen shot i am at the table in the blue shirt on my laptop operating my avatar in the red shirt


this is more of the best public art san jose has to offer
well a lot has happened since the last blog entry. On tuesday night i went to the cadre salon lecture series to hear my friend james morgan lecture about his work. One of the biggest things that james does is run the ars virtua foundation. While i was in his lecture i got into the geek spirit in the room and logged into second life to follow the simulcast of his lecture. Yesterday one of the most horrifying days at work happened. A piece of art from 1965 that was part of the show got knocked over and and broken, as the result of a freak domino effect caused by a pedastal falling over and knocking the piece over and then launching the top across the room. My heart sank when i found the crime scene, theta my boss reminded me that that is why we have insurance, and thank god it was a piece that can be repaired and not a ceramic piece. Today i have to go back to work to finish hanging the show but i just want to leave. I have so much work left to do to get ready for the move it is ridiculous, I feel like i am already running out of time to pack and move.

No comments: