Sunday, December 17, 2006

Been busy at work, and happy 26th birthday to brooke

this is a working model for a larger stack piece I have plannedthese are a couple of soap dishes I got in japan town, the stickers say "made in china", and "79cents"

a quiet moment in between the chaos that is the end of the semester, and the holiday season.

I have been busy with the end of the semester cleanup at work, restoring the student galleries and de-installing the show in the thompson gallery. i snuck into the studio for a moment, and Brooke and I have been holiday shopping as well. While we were in japan town looking for gifts I found the wooden soap dishes above, which are ironically made in china. I think I will enlarge the scale of them 25 times and use 4x4 and 2x4 pieces of wood to create a large soap dish sculpture. Today for Brooke's birthday we are going to get bagels for brunch, then go to the hakone japanese garden and then wander around the village of saratoga. Tommorow since brooke got another day off from work we will go into the city(again san francisco, not manhatten) and go see the legion of honor, and I have to return an old painting of mine that I reframed to my friends steve and carol. Last night we went to another holiday party, but this time there was a gift exchange, and I got an i-tunes certificate, which was great, I purchased a couple pavement songs, some puff daddy songs and a the samples song "my town", well that catches everything up. I hope to finish up with all the cleaning at work soon and get some more dedicated time in the studio I really need to make some progress on these new projects, I hope to have them finished by may for the group MFA show here in san jose.

No comments: