Friday, November 10, 2006

Don't trust anyone over 30, and that includes me



sometimes frosting just tastes better from the bottom of a birthday candle

no matter how old I get shiny stuff, like this mylar wrapping paper, still keeps me amused
a minimalist brithday gift from brooke



here are the new shoes I got for my big 3,oh
well I quietly turned 30 today. I spent the first part of the day receiving phone calls and well wishes on my advanced age, and then I spent the afternoon installing an art show with owen, who gave me a 30th anniversery edition of shel silversteins where the sidewalk ends, and then I gave a short presentation on richard serra's tilted arc in Dore Bowen's seminar, the celebration really took shape when Brooke and I went to vung tau for a traditional vietnamese dinner. When I got home brooke suprised me with a gift, that she had hidden in the refrigerator along with the cake, well turning thirty isn't all bad I did get a new pair of shoes thanks to mom and dad. The show we are installing at work has turned into a nightmare which is pretty typical but by tuesday it well be ready for the opening and if I am lucky I will get back into the studio by wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! :)